Kicking it old school...real old school.

26.11.07

"It's Israel!"

This is a common phrase heard throughout Israel to "explain the unexplained or absurd."

I was throwing my hands up in the air, shouting "It's Israel!" during a recent performance I had with the Herzliya Chamber Orchestra. They called me to sub in on a performance they were having last week. I said, "Sure." How little I knew.

During the final piece, Handel's Royal FIREWORKS (emphasis on FIREWORKS), the conductor/music director thought it fitting to have a full fireworks display on stage...INDOORS. Needless to say, the video you are about to see was filmed by fellow horn player and video-editor extraordinaire Kyle Hoyt. Enjoy, y'all.



***UPDATE!***
Here's the original version of the aforementioned gig. It's just as good.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Ok. THAT is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Nice.

I'm assuming that Kyle added the dog, fire alarm, and helicopter sound effects, right?

Anonymous said...

I laughed until I cried. Both were good, but I think I like the one with the dog barking and the helicopters best. I assume no one got hurt? Did anyone in the audience run out?

Stephen said...

No one was hurt during this performance. Thank "his name".

Anonymous said...

Richard says: Too bad the fireworks didn't set the violas on fire!

Jill says: And the award for "best classical performance while not catching on fire" goes to....

pianosnake said...

Did the firemen really come?

Stephen said...

Yes. Firemen came.

Shalom, y'all.

My photo
Jerusalem, Israel
Half Episcopalian, half Jewish. 100% Pissy-Jew.

Kyle Mills

Blog dedicated to the memory of Kyle Mills - my best friend, hero and, quite possibly, world's greatest traveler. My adventures are your adventures. Love Love Love.